Scroll To Top

Coldingham Visitor Attractions

The Coldingham web site is sponsored by Colania Dene Lodges

 

Coldingham Visitor Attractions

 

Welcome to Coldingham Visitor Attractions, something to see and do in and around the village. Displayed in a random order.

 

Coldingham Sands

Safe dog friendly beach with large free car park, beach cafe, toilets, disabled parking spaces onthe beach, and RNLI life guards during holiday season. The Berwickshire Coastal Footpath crosses the bay with St Abbs to the north and Eyemouth to the south.

Awarded the Keep Scotland Beautiful Award for beach cleanliness.

Find out more at the Coldingham Bay Web Page and the Coldinham Bay Gallery

 

 

Coldingham Priory

At the centre of the village the Priory has been a place of worship for around 1000 years. It has a unique history. The links below will tell you more.

Brief History of Coldingham Priory

Priory History by T D Thomson 1972

Coldingham Parish

Friends of Coldingham Priory

 

 

Berwick upon Tweed

Historic walled town just south of the Border, about 10 miles from Village Centre. Walk the Elizabethan Town Walls, visit the King's Own Borderers Regimental Museum, Berwick Barracks, Berwick Town Hall, Cell Block Museum and Berwick Parish church. Numerous Galleries and Coffee shops.

Read more at the Berwick upon Tweed Tourist Information Web Site

 

 

Gunsgreen House

Overlooking the harbour in Eyemouth. Built in 1753. Historically used by smugglers, particularly those smuggling tea into the country, in the 1700's.

Read more at the Gunsgreen Web Site

 


Eyemouth

Working fishing port about 4 miles from Coldingham. Busy shopping centre with large working harbour. Golf Course. Plenty of places to eat. Some free car parking.

Find out more at the Eyemouth Web Site  or the Eyemouth Harbour Web Site

 


St Abbs Village

Just a couple of miles from Coldingham. World renowned Scuba Diving - considered to be a World Top Ten diving centre. The first Voluntary Marine Reserve in the UK. Super walks over St Abbs Nature Reserve.

Find out more at the St Abbs Web Site

 

 

Abbotsford House

 Just outside Melrose. The historic home of Sir Walter Scott. About an hours drive from Coldingham. Historic house almost 200 years old providing an insight to the life and works of the famous writer.

Read more at the Abbotsford House Web Site

 

 

Museum of Flight

 About 25 miles north of Coldingham. The National Museum of Flight is Scotland's national aviation museum, at East Fortune Airfield, in East Lothian. Lots to see and do. It is one of the museums within National Museums Scotland.

Read more at the Museum of Flight Web Site

 


The Seabird Centre

 About 25 miles north of Coldingham. The main attraction at the Seabird Centre is the network of cameras which allow visitors to observe gannets, puffins, shags, cormorants and other seabirds. Additional wildlife includes seals, dolphins and whales. 

Read more at the The Seabird Centre Web Site

 


Tantallon Castle

 About 25 miles north of Coldingham. Tantallon Castle is a semi-ruined mid-14th-century fortress, located a few miles east of North Berwick, in East Lothian. It sits atop a promontory opposite the Bass Rock, looking out onto the Firth of Forth.

Read more at the Tantallon Castle Web Site

 


Direleton Castle

About 25 miles north from Coldingham Village. Dirleton Castle is a medieval fortress in the village of Dirleton, East Lothian. It lies around 2 miles west of North Berwick.

Read more at the Dirleton Castle Web Site

 

 

Preston Mill

About 22 miles north from Coldingham. Preston Mill is a watermill on the River Tyne at the eastern edge of East Linton. Owned and managed by the National Trust for Scotland. Check web site for opening times.

Read more at the Preston Mill Web Site

 

 

Paxton House

30 minutes from Coldingham. Paxton House is a historic house at Paxton, Berwickshire, in the Scottish Borders, a few miles south-west of Berwick-upon-Tweed, overlooking the River Tweed. It is a country house built for Patrick Home of Billie in an unsuccessful attempt to woo a Prussian heiress. Attributed to James Adam (possibly in concert with John Adam), it was built between 1758 and 1766, under the supervision of James Nisbet, with extensive interiors (c1773) by Robert Adam, as well as furniture by Thomas Chippendale. The East Wing was added in 1812-13 by architect Robert Reid to house the library and picture gallery.

Read more at the Paxton House Web Site

 

 

 

 

Visitor Attractions in and around Coldingham